It’s my birthday!
I’m not particularly fond of having birthdays anymore. After the age of 35, I kind of got bored with them. Not to say that I am not appreciative though to have made it to the age I have. It’s a toss up between coping with the wrinkles, sagging and body decline compared with the idea that my clever little body has survived another year of challenges.
Having cystic fibrosis makes life challenging, even more so the older I get. My mother passed away from cystic fibrosis a week after her 50th birthday in 2000. It does make me wonder about the time limit on my own life…but then again we all have a time limit.
So, here is what I am going to try to experience between now and my next birthday:
- Travel somewhere new. It doesn’t necessarily have to be overseas – just somewhere I have never been before.
- Do more exercise. I find this one tough but exercise is good for the immune system and a stronger cardio vascular system means less chest infections etc….will try!
- Get outdoors more often – I spend far too much time on my computer.
- Learn many new things. I try to learn something new every day. I love learning…
- Do something kind for someone else without expecting anything in return.
- Give positive feedback more often. Many of us don’t feel appreciated in life enough and it is a great feeling to tell someone you appreciate them. I have even gotten into the habit of complimenting strangers if they are wearing something I like. People are genuinely warm and accepting when you do this and it’s a nice thing to do!
- Live in the moment as much as possible – another one I find hard to do but I know that this skills adds to contentment – 100%
Another year under my belt…and to all those sharing today with me – happy birthday or just happy ‘life day’!