Here are 7 goal setting questions to ask yourself that can help you hone your ideals and goals that you might want to work towards:
1. What are your five most important values in life?
Identify your five most important values and prioritise them from one to five.
2. What are your three most important goals in life, right now?
This is called the ‘quick list’ method. When you only have 30 seconds to write down your three most important goals, your unconscious mind sorts out your many goals quickly.
3. What would you do, how would you spend your time, if you learned today that you only had 6 months to live?
When your time is limited you automatically prioritise the most important things. Imagining a time limit helps us to stop denying the fact the life doesn’t go on forever. As a doctor once said, ” I have never met a businessman on his deathbed who said, ‘I wish I’d spent more time at the office’.”
4. What would you do if you won a million pounds/dollars cash, tax-free, in the lottery tomorrow?
How would you change your life? What would you buy? What would you start doing/stop doing?
5. What have you always wanted to do, but been afraid to attempt?
This question helps you to see where your fears might be blocking you.
6. What do you most enjoy doing? What gives you your greatest feeling of self-esteem and personal satisfaction?
You will always be the happiest doing what you enjoy.
7. What one great thing would you dare to dream if you knew you could not fail?
Imagine that a genie appears and grants you one wish. The genie guarantees that you will be absolutely, completely successful in any one thing you attempt to do, big or small, short or long term. What one exciting goal would you set for yourself?
By the simple act of knowing and acknowledging what you want, and writing it down, you will have moved yourself into the top 3 percent. You will have done something that few people ever do. You can do it…