When you feel stressed or anxious – watch what you are thinking and read through this list of healthier thoughts – better ways to think. Your mood is directly dependent on what you think about yourself and the world:
- There is no law carved in stone that states “I MUST”. Stop putting pressure on yourself. You could but you don’t have to.
- It’s just a hassle, not a horror. Don’t catastrophise when bad stuff happens. Don’t blow things out of proportion.
- I am not worthless because I fail and make mistakes.
- If I don’t recover quickly, I can learn from my mistakes and eventually do better at recovering.
- One failure does not mean TOTAL failure, or that I will never succeed.
- Reality is reality, not what I think it must be.
- Being human means I will sometimes act imperfectly.
- It is okay to ask for help.
- It is okay to not know what to do.
- It is okay to not cope and feel weak at times.
When we use good thoughts, we feel better about ourselves and life. Be an organised’thought manager’ – learn to let go of thoughts that are unhelpful and focus more on the thoughts that serve you well.