Do you believe in you?
The best thing you can do for yourself is to cultivate a strong sense of self belief. We all know people who exude confidence and seem to cope with whatever life throws at them. When life gets tough, people with self belief are able to pull out inner resources and extra coping skills due to their self belief to help them get through. Life is easier when you have self belief. You manufacture less problems and believe in your abilities. You will feel more optimistic and ready for challenges.
So what exactly is self belief? It’s a sense that you can count on yourself to get through life. It’s a confidence in your thinking and beliefs. You are less swayed by what others think because you have faith in your own ideas and goals. Self belief involves a healthy appreciation of your skills and talents. It’s about seeing yourself as special and unique. When you love yourself, others follow.
Focus on what is great about you instead of comparing. Being happy with yourself brings a self assurance that is charismatic and will draw others to you.
Life is a confidence trick. With enough confidence you can get away with anything. Real confidence is the unshakeable conviction that the world is unfolding to your advantage and that you can handle anything that comes your way.
How to increase self belief:
1) Never belittle yourself or criticise yourself.
2) Champion yourself. Remind yourself of your strengths regularly.
3) Look after yourself – make the effort to make the most of your looks and your health.
4) Define your current level of self belief (0-100%) and allow yourself to improve, go to the next level. Ask yourself what your lack of self belief has cost you. What would you do if you had 100% self belief?
5) Act as if – how would you behave, what would you do if you had at least double the self belief? Act as if you have this self belief already…
Have high expectations, believe the best about yourself and you will manifest this is your life.
Photo by symphony of love